Wednesday 4 April 2012

Welcome et Bienvenue!

Every day I walk into the Middle School that I work at, and I get excited for the day ahead of me. I actually love my job. I view it as more than just a job, it is an integral part of my life. I am passionate about not only the teaching that I do in the classroom, but the wealth of other things that are behind the scenes to an outsider; the relationships that we build, the intricacies of the human brain, the developmental stages of adolescents, the complexities of learning and understanding. The list goes on and on, and that is why my job is so exciting and interesting. No one day is ever the same, and no one day will ever be the same. Not many people can say that about their career.

The reason for my choice to begin a blog now surfaces. There is so much going on every day. There are so many thoughts, ideas and questions, swirling around in my brain. There is so much that I want to think about, collect, and write down. This is the perfect place for it all. I visit a number of other educators' blogs on a regular basis, and I find it reassuring to read about similar problems and dilemmas. I become inspired after reading about positive experiences and those magical moments that happen in their day. I become informed by exploring the links and resources that they post. Most importantly, I feel connected and in a small way, like I am sitting down around a table, sharing ideas with educators all around the world. Blogging is an opportunity for professional development, relfection, acknowledgement and collaboration. That is an amazing thing, and something that I have decided to actively participate in.

Here it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment